Packaging and Sustainability
At Mountain Valley Spring Water, "sustainability" means maintaining a delicate balance between human needs and preserving natural resources and ecosystems on which we and future generations depend.
More importantly, we want to make sure that our water stays natural and has the best taste possible. To do this, Mountain Valley Spring Water uses a unique, but simple method:
- Withdrawing water from our watershed in a manner not impacting the long-term viability of the watershed
- Manufacturing our bottled water product using as little packaging as possible
- Working with government, industry and public interest groups to recover and reuse as much bottled water packaging as possible
- Using as little energy as possible in the manufacture of bottled water products and, when possible, using renewable energy sources in the manufacturing process
- Doing the thousand little things in and about the manufacturing and distribution processes to make as little impact on our environment as possible
The steps we take to become a sustainable enterprise:
- We use recycled content in our packaging, not just a token amount. We currently include 25 percent recycled PET in our PET bottles and 35 percent recycled glass in our glass bottles.
- Our local distributors pickup used bottles and jugs and reuse them in their area. Our motto is: "If you recycle it again, we’ll reuse it again!"
- To incentivize employee recycling efforts, our we give all the money we make by selling the scrap paper, plastic and glass to an employee fund organized and managed by our employees.
- Instead of burning electricity, we have replaced sections of walls in our water bottling plant with clear paneling to let in more sunlight.
- We have reduced the cardboard we use by doing away with case dividers.
Call Us Today At ♦ (615) 431-5092
Mountain Valley Spring Water
Hendersonville, TN 37075
Fax: (615) 331-3152
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – Noon and 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.